So I was contemplating the super-invasive patch of mint growing in my yard last weekend when I realized that I really should be optimistic about it… and create a cocktail to utilize it.
I present to you the “Palm Springs fill-up”.
- mince fresh mint, lime juice and a bit of ice in your mortar & pestle
- transfer to your cocktail shaker
- add lemon zest, a bit more lime juice, enough cranberry juice to mix and a couple ice cubes
- shake, palm springs style
- setup proper serving glass with several ice cubes and fill with 3/4 champagne
- drain into serving glass over ice & champagne
- garnish with fresh mint & a long shaving of lemon peel
Where did the name come from you may ask? I have no idea, it just fits with Palm Springs… or anywhere else sunny where no one works, so that’s how I labeled it.
It just drinks like “retirement”.
… “yea, it does taste like retirement.”